About VVRS Australia
VVRS Speciality Feeds – Ostrich Starter
VVRS OSTRICH STARTER is a balanced feed suitable for growing ostrich chicks from day old through to approximately 6 weeks of age. VVRS OSTRICH STARTER contains quality ingredients to ensure chicks’ acceptance and performance.
This feed is the first stage in a 2 stage feeding programme for growing ostriches. It is produced in a fine crumble form so that feed wastage is minimised, digestibility is improved and that a consistent intake of nutrients is achieved (Note: there is no separation with crumbles).
• Base grain as depicted seasonally, and therefore proportions may vary.
• Wheat, maize, sorghum, bran and pollard, a combination of protein meals (cottonseed meal, soybean meal, meat meal), vegetable/animal oil, limestone, sodium bicarbonate, salt, dicalcium phosphate, copper sulphate, extra vitamin E, choline chloride, added amino acids, Lacto-Sacc®, VVRS vitamin & mineral premix.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Environmental conditions including temperature and hygiene are of vital importance during the rearing period.
• Chicks should have unlimited access to the crumbles. Offer a small amount of lucern hay or chaff to the chicks, up to a minimum of 10% of the total feed intake.
• Feed intakes will vary with the season, variety of housing conditions, disease status and other environmental conditions.
• For the first 2 days of feeding it is best to spread some feed on trays or newspaper to enable all birds access.
• It is important to refresh the feed regularly so it remains fresh and palatable.
• It is very important that birds have clean, cool, fresh water available at all times.
• Contains digestible ingredients for young animals.
• Protein meals provide natural sources of essential amino acids. Lysine and methionine are added to balance essential nutrient requirements.
• Contains essential vitamins and minerals.
• When fed with lucern hay or chaff there is no need for any other supplementary feed to be used.
• Manufactured to strict quality control standards.
PRECISE FORMULATION AND MIXING
• Formulated in accordance with current research into Ostrich nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
• Lacto-Sacc® is included to promote a healthy gut environment and to aid in digestion. Lacto-Sacc® contains beneficial lactic acid bacteria, yeast and digestive enzymes.
Meat – Nil, Eggs – Nil.
Feed only as directed.Contains RAM – do not feed to cattle, sheep and other ruminants.
Cool, dry conditions, away from vermin.
EXPIRY AFTER MANUFACTURE
6 months from the date of manufacture.
20kg woven polypropylene bags.Bulk load details available from your sales representative.