BRISBANE: +61 7 350 36778 MELBOURNE: +61 3 994 84091 SYDNEY: +61 2 802 28423
About VVRS Australia
Indian Rice – Basmati
Rice is unique among cereal grains in that the entire polished grain is eaten while other cereals are usually processed before they reach the consumer. Grain quality in rice is, therefore, a very sensitive issue. Interests and priorities of different sectors of rice industry are different. Farmers are interested in early maturity and high yield that would give them high returns in the form of good produce and provide enough time for sowing
subsequent crops including wheat. Miller’s interest is high head rice recovery. Traders prefer attractive physical appearance (shape and size), whiteness and uniform grain size.
Rice Verities in India
- Organic Basmati Rice
- Brown Basmati Rice Dehradooni
- Basmati Rice Supreme Quality
- Basmati Rice A Grade
- Basmati Rice B Grade
- Parboiled Basmati Rice
- Long Grain Raw Rice 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 100% broken
- Long Grain Parboiled Rice 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 100% broken
- Long Grain Silky (Water Polished) Rice
- Medium Grain Rice – Raw and Parboiled
- Round / Short Grain Rice – Raw and Parboiled
Nutritional benefits of rice
- Rice is an excellent source of energy. It is rich in carbohydrates, which are broken down into glucose to provide energy for working muscles and fuel for the brain.
- Rice is low in sugar and total fat and saturated fat. It is cholesterol-free, contains negligible amounts of salt and has no additives or preservatives. It is suitable to include in a diet for those watching their weight or on cholesterol-lowering diets.
- Rice is gluten-free, making it ideal for people who are unable to tolerate the proteins found in wheat, barley, rye, oats and triticale.
- The glycaemic index (GI) ranks foods based on their immediate effect on blood sugar levels. Eating low GI foods, such as certain varieties of rice, can lower insulin levels which makes fat easier to burn and less likely to be stored.